[GRASS-dev] grass7 on mac OSX

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 17:36:58 EDT 2010

Now the error i means :

"""

>>> In [2]: from grass.lib import raster
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "<ipython console>", line 1, in <module>
>>> ImportError: No module named lib

"""

is reflected in the gui.
the new GUI code changes are affected by it,
tring to build grass70, starting the application
i have a broken gui that show me this error log :

GRASS 7.0.svn (spearfish60):~ >
WARNING: Vector digitizer is not available (dlopen(/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/vdigit/_grass7_wxvdigit.so, 2): Symbol not found: __Py_RefTotal
  Referenced from: /Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/vdigit/_grass7_wxvdigit.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/vdigit/_grass7_wxvdigit.so).

Note that the vector digitizer is currently not working under MS Windows (hopefully this will be fixed soon). Please keep an eye out for updated versions of GRASS.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/wxgui.py", line 87, in <module>
    import gui_modules.nviz_tools as nviz_tools
  File "/Users/Shared/source/grass_trunk/dist.i386-apple-darwin10.3.0/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/nviz_tools.py", line 36, in <module>
    from nviz_mapdisp import wxUpdateView as wxUpdateView
  File "/Users/Shared/source/grass_trunk/dist.i386-apple-darwin10.3.0/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/nviz_mapdisp.py", line 41, in <module>
    import wxnviz
  File "/Users/Shared/source/grass_trunk/dist.i386-apple-darwin10.3.0/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/wxnviz.py", line 24, in <module>
    from grass.lib.grass import *
ImportError: No module named lib.grass

tring to re-run :  "g.gui" i have the same log.

just to check if my python "is bugged"
i build python2.6.5 source code,
in a non standard location "/usr/local/gislib/unix",
as unix library (no framework)
then i exported the path for the new python
and i used it to reconfigure-compile-install grass70,
but unluky i have problems to build wxpython
(i compiled wxwidjet as 32+64 bit but i'm having
problems  to built wxpython on it)
i'll try to figure out a wxpython cocoa build
and tell you if the grass.lib  not found problem persists.

thanks for any help.

Il giorno 27/mag/2010, alle ore 16.52, Michael Barton ha scritto:

> No ipython on the student's machine.
>
> I compiled GRASS 7 and had no problems. I posted my binary so others could use it. The one person who has tried it gets a bogus error about Python subprocess() not existing. The binary of GRASS 6.5 that I compiled and posted at the same time runs fine on her machine (demonstrating that subprocess() is OK).
>
> Oddly, some other folks here got similar bogus errors with GRASS 6.5 or 7 (I can't remember) when trying to run a Python script under winGRASS a few weeks back.
>
> Michael
> ____________________
> C. Michael Barton
> Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
> Arizona State University
>
> voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
> fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
> www: www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu
>

> On May 27, 2010, at 6:43 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> On May 27, 2010, at 3:56 AM, Massimo Di Stefano <massimodisasha at gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hell Soeren,
>>>
>>> seems i've an up-to-date revision :
>>>
>>> MacBook-Pro-15-di-Massimo-Di-Stefano:grass_trunk sasha$ svn up
>>> At revision 42358.
>>>
>>> i also did make distclean first to re-try configure && make.
>>>

>>> but your note about a "renamed" function, point me to a problem i
>>> had on qgis side too (make install overwrite the .app but ... it
>>> don't do it as aspected)
>>>
>>> infact, removing manually the old grass70.app (compiled from source)
>>> trashing the complete app from /Application , instead of overwrite
>>> it using "sudo make install"
>>>
>>> now i have :
>>>
>>> In [1]: import os, sys
>>>
>>> In [2]: from grass.lib import raster
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "<ipython console>", line 1, in <module>
>>> ImportError: No module named lib
>>>
>> I wonder if ipython is affecting this?  Just a random idea. (I can't
>> try anything right now- dev Mac died)
>>

>>> the error is present but changes ... this time maybe can be a wrong
>>> sintax i used ???
>>> weird .. i'm a bit confused ;-)
>>>

>>> i'm tring to replicate, from command line, the code :
>>>
>>> ###
>>>
>>> import os, sys
>>> from grass.lib import grass, raster