[GRASS-dev] grass7 on mac OSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jun 5 11:02:22 EDT 2010

On Jun 5, 2010, at 1:15 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> With, though I get that unknown architecture
>> error in nviz.py.  The ctypesgen authors seem to be aware of and patch
>> OSX issues, but maybe they never tried it with system framework headers.
>
> But does this prevent the generation of the wrapper?

>> There are more similar CF_INLINE definitions earlier, but they are
>> inside a #ifdef CF_INLINE.
>
> But do these prevent the wrapper from being generated, or result in it
> missing necessary definitions?
>
> ctypesgen ignores errors from the preprocessor (it doesn't capture
> stderr and doesn't care about the exit code). Errors only matter
> insofar as they cause significant declarations to be omitted or
> malformed.
>
> The ValueError is different as that's an exception being raised within
> ctypesgen itself; r42484 should deal with that.

Ah, it's generated.

Next error, after that finishes:

sed \
	-e '/^# End loader$/a\
	from ctypes_preamble import *\
	from ctypes_preamble import _variadic_function\
	from ctypes_loader import *' \
	-e '/^# Begin preamble$/,/^# End preamble$/d' \
	-e '/^# Begin loader$/,/^# End loader$/d' \
	date.py > /Users/Shared/src/GRASS/svn/trunk/dist.i386-apple-darwin10.3.1/etc/python/grass/lib/date.py
sed: 1: "/^# End loader$/afrom c ...": command a expects \ followed by text
make[2]: *** [/Users/Shared/src/GRASS/svn/trunk/dist.i386-apple-darwin10.3.1/etc/python/grass/lib/date.py] Error 1

There is only 1 file after this in dist/etc/python/grass/lib: an empty date.py.

I never had any luck on OSX with newlines in sed replacement strings in makefiles.  It'll work in shell scripts but not makefiles.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin