[GRASS-dev] r.in.pdf

Mohammed Rashad rashadkm at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 05:21:14 EDT 2010

    I have a map in pdf format. i want to import the map in grass. reading pdf map is available in ArcGIS. so I thought of developing and contributing a module to GRASS GIS (r.in.pdf) to read maps in pdf formats directly.I dont know where to start. will anyone please provide me any information or links related to importing raster maps into grass gis.how a map is processed when we perform r.in.* module on the map?. How files are like cellhd,fcell etc are created in GRASS?

any help, suggestion or comments are really welcome

--
Rashad