[GRASS-dev] problem with r.mapcalc in GRASS 7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Jun 26 19:23:14 EDT 2010

Barton Michael wrote:

> I just did an svn update, make distclean, and make GDAL_DYNAMIC=
>
> There has been an update to r.mapcalc

That was r42659, which generates an error if you use both expression=
and file=. It's unrelated to the GDAL issues (which are in lib/raster
rather than r.mapcalc per se).

> Now I get a different error
>
> GRASS 7.0.svn (Spearfish60_test):~ > r.mapcalc "newmap2 = elevation.dem*2"
> ERROR 1: TIFFOpen:/Users/Shared/grassdata/Spearfish60_test/PERMANENT/gdal/newmap2: Not a directory
> ERROR: Unable to create <newmap2> dataset using <GTiff> driver

The error indicates that you have have enabled output via GDAL
(r.external.out). Use "r.external.out -r" to revert to native output,
or use "r.external.out -p" to check your settings.

If you want TIFF output, you should probably set the extension to
".tif" or ".tiff" ("r.external.out ... extension=.tif").