[GRASS-dev] grass 6.4.0rc6

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 17:33:19 EST 2010

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> from the grass-windows-point-of-view:
>
> I've tested in the last days a lot the issues in
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/908
>
> r40857 (see http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/908#comment:9) should be
> backported to grass64. g.mkfontcap with this fixes is working outside a
> grass-session.

Just to note, the Linux install script (binaryInstall.src) runs
g.mkfontcap outside of a GRASS session by simply setting GISRC to a junk
value:

GISBASE="$DESTDIR" GISRC=junk LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR="${DESTDIR}/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR" "${DESTDIR}/bin/g.mkfontcap" -o

(In Windows the equivalent would be to run the command
set GISRC=junk
before running g.mkfontcap)
Not 100% sure if that's relevant here, but thought it might be worth
mentioning to give some context.

Paul