[GRASS-dev] WinGrass7 - disable LFS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Mar 15 00:40:19 EDT 2010

Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> >> I've tried --disable-largefile,
> >>
> >> but again there is
> >>
> >> [...]
> >> checking if system supports Large Files at all... yes
> >> [...]
> > >Large File support (LFS):   yes
> > >[...]
> >>
> > >in the build-log.
> >>
> >> what have to be done to disable LFS for building WinGrass7?
> >configure.in is broken; it sets USE_LARGEFILES according to whether
> >LFS is detected, regardless of whether it is enabled. MinGW has LFS,
> >but it's not in a form which currently works with GRASS.
>
> I'm builiding Grass7 on WinVista32. so there shouldn't be LFS?

Configure will detect it, but it doesn't work. GRASS assumes that
defining _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 will make off_t a 64-bit type. Windows
has a 64-bit offset type (actually, it has two of them) and functions
which work with it, but you have to use them explicitly; there's no
macro to "redirect" off_t, lseek(), etc to 64-bit versions.