[GRASS-dev] Unable to locate Tcl library

Jan Tosovsky j.tosovsky at tiscali.cz
Tue Mar 16 19:12:14 EDT 2010

Hello,

the last month everything was Ok when I was building Grass from sources
(according to [1]) on my Win7 64bit. Now the build fails in a configuring
phase and an error message "Unable to locate Tcl library." appears. To tell
the truth, I cannot confirm if the final build was Tcl ready as I use
wxPython GUI by default.

I've found several Tcl libraries on my PC (version 8.5.2) so it is weird.
Was there any refactoring in the meantime? Is it any kind of regression or
am I missing something?

Here is the snippet of a console output:
checking for OpenGL library... found
checking for GLU library... found
checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
checking for tcl.h... yes
checking for tk.h... yes
checking Tcl version... unknown (cross-compiling)
checking Tk version... unknown (cross-compiling)
checking for location of Tcl/Tk library...
checking for Tcl_Init in -ltcl... no
checking for Tcl_Init in -ltcl... no
checking for Tcl_Init in -ltclUNKNOWN... no
checking for Tcl_Init in -ltclUNKNOWN... no
checking for Tcl_Init in -ltclUNKNOWN... no
checking for Tcl_Init in -ltclUNKNOWN... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tcl library.

Thanks for any ideas.

Regards,
Jan

PS: When I was looking for the remedy of my problem, I found a strange
target URL [2] on the list of mailing lists [3].