[GRASS-dev] Soc - wxNviz proposal

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 05:48:03 EDT 2010

Hi all,

probably it would be a good idea to continue in wxNviz [1] development
which started as Google SoC 2008 project [2]. Improved wxNviz should
completely replace TCL/TK-based Nviz in GRASS 7.0. The upcoming Soc
2010 is good occasion for that.

I wonder if there is a student who is interested to do the job. I
started working on wxNviz two years ago, the last year I participated
in the SoC program as a mentor. Some weeks ago I started thinking to
downgrade myself to be a student and to complete the unfinished job. I
know that student->mentor->student is acceptable for Google (but still
not "kosher" for me). So I would like to ask the community (you) first
if you agree that I submit the proposal. Please feel free to update
wiki page [3] and to add wanted features for fully-featured wxNviz (or
3D view wxGUI extension).

Cheers, Martin

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxNviz
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/osgeo/appinfo.html?csaid=FB0A81AE65AEC356