[GRASS-dev] RE: [GRASS-user] Question with Python-SWIG example [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon May 17 18:18:41 EDT 2010

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Building the swig directory is a no-op (the SUBDIRS list is empty).
> The above comes from building lib/python. I'll modify it to ignore
> errors when building the ctypes subdirectory.

Done; also, the configure script checks for ctypesgen (not finding it
is a warning rather than an error).

In r42275, I've replaced the binary wxGUI NVIZ module with a Python
version; it seems to be working, although it needs more testing.

Unfortunately, doing the same for the vdigit module would be somewhat
harder, due to the level of integration between the vdigit module and
wxPython (which is heavily SWIG/C++ based), and less useful (there
would still be a C++ component using wxWidgets).