[GRASS-dev] Wiki -> PDF book

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 09:46:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

in case anyone noticed, Wikipedia now has a rather nice "export
article as PDF" button on their left side tool bar.

maybe as part of our server migration this tool can be made
available to our WikiMedia space?

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Books
  http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection#Generating_PDFs.2C_OpenDocument-_.26_DocBook-Exports
  http://code.pediapress.com/wiki/wiki
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Books/for_experts

try it out on the main sidebar of regular Wikipedia.

WikiMedia -> .odt (OpenOffice), DocBook, or PDF.

example-

input:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_anemone

output:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Book&bookcmd=render_article&arttitle=Sea+anemone&oldid=362311867&writer=rl

maybe it could make us some nice doc sets.

Hamish

ps- what's our # of cpu core requirement? I was thinking 3: one
for apache, one for wiki's DB backend, one for weekly buildbots.

pps- what are the PHP req's for running the earthquake demo map?
maybe we could move that to the new VM as well.

ppps- is the mediawiki <math>latex</math> markup working again?