[GRASS-dev] CLI!=GUI

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:49:05 EST 2010

Hi,

2010/11/20 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> I know it's an old thread, and that not everybody agrees, but I still think, after
> talking with people more knowledgeable than me, that separating the core of GRASS
> (libraries+CLI) from the GUI(s) will make the release and packaging process faster
> and smoother, and the integration with other software, both desktop and web, easier
> and cleaner.
> Can we revive the discussion about this?

well, my option is very subjective - wxGUI is going to be a solid GUI
for GRASS. Anyone can build it's own GRASS distribution without any
GUI (libraries and subset of the GRASS modules). But it's not task for
the core GRASS developers. They are creating solid environment ---
GRASS libraries + modules (CLI) and also the GUI. Feel free to take
what you what from this composition.

Martin