[GRASS-dev] Re: Fwd: object based image analysis (something similar to eCognition)

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 08:00:53 EDT 2010

  Hi everyone.

As Hamish already posted, I am working on Object Based Image Analysis
for my PhD.
I have developed a system based on mseg
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseg/) for image segmentation, CLIPS
for rule based classification and Support Vector Machines for supervised
classification. I also use OpenCV for some advanced computer vision
algorithms. All these programs are combined through scripts and have
primitive CLI interfaces.
I have published some papers around this technology and I will release
all my code under GPL soon.

Especially for the segmentation algorithm, it is still unoptimized for
speed, but gives good results (of course it has to be improved a lot to
meet my expectations...). It is written in C++ and is missing gdal
integration right now (works only with ER-Mapper ers - BIL format) with
my own implementation of image I/O. Initially I had in mind to include
it on GRASS someday, but I will need support to know the internals of
GRASS.

Regards,
Angelos Tzotsos