[GRASS-dev] r.series thresholds?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 02:42:39 EDT 2010

Hi, I was trying to figure out how to use the r.series threshold=
parameter to make a MASK only where all channels of some Landsat
data were >0 (extant), without needing to use r.null and the extra disk
space to store a NULL file for each of the input bands (the files take up
enough disk space as it is). so something like "output cells contain the
count of input maps with data values >=1". for 6 input bands the output
range would be 0-6, or null and 1-6.

... but I was having a difficult time of understanding how it was
supposed to work. the only mention in the man page has to do with the
range= option.

Remembering there was some discussion about it I just found this:
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/22002/

.. so was the html part of the patch just never applied? or did things
change since then? ie is it still true that the -n flag makes it ignored?
(perhaps then issue a G_warning()?)

Is threshold= not even related to the method=threshold option?!

how does using multiple floating points work with it? a single threshold
per each input map? would that be a problem if you were eg trying to
match exact integer values? (like >= some bitmask threshold?)

if only 1 value is given is that just applied to the first map in the
series or for all in the series?

slightly confused..

thanks,
Hamish