[GRASS-dev] wxGUI Georectifier and wxGUI GCP Manager

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:48:10 EDT 2010

There is an alternative to the Georectifier in the wxGUI, available in
6.4.1 and above, which has all the functionality of the Georectifier,
all features (as far as feasible) of i.points, and some new features,
including a manual. The new wxGUI GCP Manager also addresses the
tickets 142, 220, 686, 687, 688, 989, 1076. I have included Michael
Barton and Martin Landa as authors for the new GCP Manager because
even if the code base is quite different by now, the module has been
developed using the Georectifier as starting point.

Therefore I would vote for dropping the Georectifier and have only one
wxGUI module to set and manage GCPs.

Markus M