[GRASS-dev] Requestion permission to fix 6.4 gis.m

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 22:13:30 EDT 2010

Maris:
> > Do we really shipped 6.4.0 with unuseable PSLabel feature in
> > gis.m?!?

I'm not sure, did we? what's the bug ticket number? if it was critical
why wasn't the ticket marked as such?

> > Can I now sync 6.4 gis.m with 6.5 one?

do you mean feature by feature or the whole thing?
what's the patch?

Markus:
> Please go ahead. The rel-branch is now 6.4.1, its release
> should follow rather sooner than later.

fwiw I would very much prefer if gui backports happened feature-by-feature
as opposed to just copying over the entire dir. e.g. the "quit all of
grass" from the gui is broken for both gis.m and wx in 6.5, and IMO is
a bad idea and should not be backported- the child process should not be
taking down the parent process. Better would be for the WinGrass build
to just start without the command line DOS box if the user wants that
(there's already a menu item for that, right?)

I'm also not entirely convinced by the gui command line, but unlike the the
quit-grass menu item I don't think that's a fundamental architecture
problem, just that the workflow, layout, C:\\Program,.. still needs to
mature and settle a bit.

here is the current list of 6.4.1 specific plans/bugs, please make use of
it so we have a clear plan before bulk flooding all the remaining open
6.4.0 bugs/wishes over to 6.4.1. :)

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=type&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=milestone&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=component&milestone=6.4.1

what things needs to happen for ctypes? how can we best help with that?

cheers,
Hamish