[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1157: WinGrass-Installer should include a working gdal-version which is built against

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 13 18:30:34 EDT 2010

#1157: WinGrass-Installer should include a working gdal-version which is built
against
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hellik     |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  All        |
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 from the user-ML
 http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2010-September/057851.html
 {{{
 >>Dear all,
 >>I have just installed Wingrass7 from
 >>[http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/wingrass/grass70/]
 >>When it is started the locations which work well with Grass6.4 version,
 >>there is the error: Unable to get current geographic extent. Force
 >>quitting wxGUI. Please run manual g.region to fix
 >>problem....Importerror: No module named agw.customtreectrl
 >>Or when I make new location by Location wizard there is the error: ..
 >>[Error 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files\\
 >>GRASS-70-SVN\\etc\\proj-parms.table'
 >>Please help me what should I do?
 >>Thank you
 >>Thy
 >
 >I can confirm this.
 >
 >at the moment the nightly WinGrass7-builds are built against gdal17 from
 osgeo4w,
 >which is in a preliminary status at the moment.
 >
 >I build from time to time WinGrass7 for my own with gdal16 from osgeo4w
 and there are
 >no such error messages.
 >
 >best regards
 >Helmut

 it seems to be a mixing of different gdal-versions.

 WinGrass70 is built against gdal17. but in WinGrass7 (installed by the
 installer) there is
 only gdal15 in the path and available in the WinGrass7-command-line, but
 no gdal17.

 AFAIK there are some important changes from gdal15 to gdal17. so a
 WinGrass7 built against gdal17
 isn't working with gdal15 in the path?

 so maybe the WinGrass7-installer built against gdal17 should be adapted in
 that way to adopt gdal17 as the regular version
 of gdal?

 best regards
 Helmut
 }}}

 related to the nightly WinGrass-builds, all branches and the recommended
 way of compiling wingrass in the wiki (both inside the osgeo4w-stack).

 at the moment WinGrass64 and WinGrass65 are built against gdal16,
 WinGrass70 against gdal17. but in the WinGrassXX-installer only gdal15 is
 available in the path, but no gdal16/gdal17 and all dependecies
 (GDAL_DATA, GDAL_DRIVER_PATH,
 PYTHONPATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\gdal-16\pymod,
 PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\gdal-16\bin; the same for gdal17; see gdal16.bat
 or gdal17.bat in C:\OSGeo4W\bin) living in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\gdal-16 or
 C:\OSGeo4W\apps\gdal-17 are included.

 the wingrass-installer should include a working gdal-version which the
 WinGrass-version is installed against.

 best regards
 Helmut

--