[GRASS-dev] grass && standalone apps

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 22 17:19:45 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Mohammed Rashad
<mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> How to use grass library (only vector digitize) without installing grass.? I
> need to make an application that digitize a scanned map. Can I use grass's
> vector digitizer library in my application and do digitize of map and store
> vector data in GRASS's vector data format. I know I can do this using GRASS.
> But I need to make a standalone application which does only digitization of
> a map and create a new vector file and store t in GRASS Database format
> without installing GRASS

You will have to take over also the linked libraries (Vector lib, DBMI
stuff and so
on) since GRASS vector data are saved in a special format.

With "ldd" you can find the needed libraries. Likely also
initialization stuff is
needed and perhaps more.

Markus