[GRASS-dev] which library has CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Sep 24 07:29:26 EDT 2010

Hamish wrote:

> > I am trying to compile some code that calls the function
> > CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters.  I have included CC.h and included
> > libgrass_gproj.so and libgrass_gmath.so in the makefile but the code
> > isn't compiling.
> >
> > I get an error: "undefined reference to 'CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters'.
> > I  would be grateful of any help.
> > which library has CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters?
>
> In GRASS 6.4 source code I only see include/CC.h, but in the GRASS 5.4
> source code there is ./src/libes/coorcnv/utm.c which includes the
> CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters() function if you need it.

CC.h should have been removed along with the rest of the coorcnv
library. Fixed in r43658 (trunk).

Anything intended to work with current versions of GRASS should use
PROJ, either directly or via libgrass_gproj. The coorcnv libray was an
artifact of the days when GRASS only understood UTM and State Plane;
it was "legacy" code even in 5.x.