[GRASS-dev] nviz_cmd

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 27 22:18:19 EDT 2010

Martin,

I have a quick question about nviz_cmd: does it have the same problem with light control
as wxnviz?

Everything that I tried with nviz_cmd so far seems to work great except for the light - it does something,
but the light does not go all the way down, closer to the horizon as it should and it is not possible
to reduce its brightness , so it looks like
it keeps moving too close around zenith at constant brightness (I did not try the colors).

Please let me know whether this is something that can be fixed easily or whether we should try
to look at it as well (a hint where to look in the code would help)

With nviz_cmd it has become really easy to do the dynamic surfaces (I would say easier
than with the broken File sequencing tool) so it would be great to get it finished and move it
from experimental to official working module.

Below are some animations that were quick and easy (the second one includes shifted
data so it wiggles - the animated surface has been thus also useful for finding out that we have a shift
in the data that we haven't even noticed with other types of analysis).

thanks a lot - it was great to meet you in Barcelona,

Helena

http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/elev_dischtest.gif
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/NH9908p_anim.gif