[GRASS-dev] Re: Compiling and running a module in winGRASS- not running in Win7 but yes in XP

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Apr 6 17:23:47 EDT 2011

>>6- Then I placed exe and dll in OSGEO4w/apps/grass/grass6.4.1svn/bin
>>7- I runned in WinGRASS in WinXP and it runned just fine
>>8- I runned in WinGRASS in Win7 and I got a pop window checking error and
>>the following was printed in GRASS Command window:
>>This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
>>in an unusual way.
>>Please contact the application's support team for more
>>information.

>maybe an issue with windows UAC (see [1],[2)]?

just googling around, maybe it's an issue with Msvcrt-runtime
(see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538/en-us?fr=1)

IIRC there were some osgeo4w-updates regarding the runtimes sometimes ago(?)

Helmut

Schon gehört? WEB.DE hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://produkte.web.de/go/toolbar