[GRASS-dev] XDRIVER

roger at spinn.net roger at spinn.net
Wed Apr 13 17:55:09 EDT 2011

Regarding R_get_text_box(), in all of my tests the width of the text box was
wrong.

Also, main.c in d.text.new (6.4.0RC5) contains the comment

    /* TODO: get text dimension */
    /* R_get_text_box() does not work with rotation and returns a little bit
     * bigger dimension than actual text size */

I don't know the vintage of that comment.  The problem isn't consistent;
neither d.vect nor d.labels seems to have the same problem, so it was likely
to be some detail of my implementation that I was never able to find and
fix.

Roger