[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS 7 and QGIS connected using the Web Processing Service (WPS)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 14 15:20:27 EDT 2011

Soeren,

Thanks for the great work on WPS integration !

On 28/01/11 11:44, Soeren Gebbert wrote:
> How to attach GRASS modules to PyWPS using the wps-grass-bridge is
> documented here:
> http://code.google.com/p/wps-grass-bridge/wiki/PyWPS_Integration
>
> Well, the code isn't stable yet but it demonstrates the possibilities
> of this approach.

I've tried following the above instructions, and the server does give a
correct answer for GetCapabilities. I can also see the list of modules
in the QGIS WPS plugin and get the GUI of a module. However, once I run
the module I always get the following error, whatever the module I try:

      <wps:ProcessFailed>
             <wps:ExceptionReport>
                 <ows:Exception exceptionCode="NoApplicableCode">
                     <ows:ExceptionText>argument 1 must be string or
buffer, not None</ows:ExceptionText>
                 </ows:Exception>
             </wps:ExceptionReport>
         </wps:ProcessFailed>

Any idea what could be wrong ? I can't find a way to see what URL the
QGIS plugin sends to the server.

Moritz