[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1158: Removing vector map in Windows fails with "Unable to delete vector map"

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Apr 22 11:55:13 EDT 2011

#1158: Removing vector map in Windows fails with "Unable to delete vector map"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------+-
 Reporter:  lponti                                                        |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                                        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                                                   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------+-

Comment(by glynn):

 Replying to [comment:30 mmetz]:

 > > I know that they '''shouldn't''' be open, but are they? See comment:3.
 > >
 > OK. I suggest Vect!__open_old() and Vect_open_new() should initialize
 all file pointers to NULL and Vect_close() should close anything that is
 not NULL.

 That won't help if the problem is being caused by the DBMI driver
 inheriting the descriptor and not terminating before the file is deleted.
 I don't know if this is what's causing the problem, but there appear to be
 cases where it can happen.

 > Unfortunately, G_zero() does not set all contents of the Map_info
 structure to 0 or NULL

 How come?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1158#comment:34>