[GRASS-dev] Re: wxGUI: MapDisplay mouse events

Wenzeslaus wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 03:57:57 EDT 2011

Michael,

as far as I know, now if you want to get mouse click coordinates from
MapDisplay (MapWindow) you have to edit file mapdisp_window.py (for 2D
mode) and nviz_mapdisp.py (if you also want coordinates from 3D).

With my suggested API there is no need to edit these 'core files'. You
simply register your handler. And it can be done even if you are
writing a addon and you can not change 'core files'.

I don't think that we should change existing code. Some functions
(features) are very connected to MapWindow and very complex and
writing code just into 'core files' is the best solution. But in my
opinion suggested API is the best solution for simple tasks like 'get
mouse click coordinates to MyDialog'.

Vasek