[GRASS-dev] Create new branch from trunk for temporal GIS integration

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Aug 22 13:08:55 EDT 2011

Soren,

I'm very interested in this project, since I primarily deal with change over space and time. I've given some presentations on using 3D voxel space to represent spatio-temporal change, referring to this as space-time volumes (STV). I'm sure that Helena has also done some similar work.

Given that GRASS already has 3D voxels and 3D vectors (actually 4D for both as they can represent xyz and a 4th value), how are you thinking about enhancing GRASS to deal with time?

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: 	http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
		http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton