[GRASS-dev] NVIZ error in 6.4

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 21:21:00 EDT 2011

Rocaphilla wrote:
> For some reason when attemtpting to
> run NVIZ from wxPython (GRASS 6.4) the
> command line tells me that the process has been killed
> after about 40
> seconds, with no results showing. Any ideas why this might
> be happening?
> Does my computer just suck?

the specific error message means you ran of memory.

probably this is because the computational region is set at a
ridiculously huge size.

try 'g.region -p', the number of rows and columns shouldn't
usually exceed 45000x45000 unless you have a fast 64bit machine
with lots of RAM. Typical values are in the 2000x2000 range.

before running nviz, try setting the region to match the map
with 'g.region rast=your_map'

Hamish