[GRASS-dev] where to store GRASS settings: GISRC and wx settings

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:32:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/8/30 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:
>> Speaking about 7.0, it will take longer time to release, we would need
>> more active developers to cover at least basic features we would wish
>> for G7.
>
> The easiest way to get more active developers for 7.0 is to cease
> allowing new features to be added to 6.x.
>
> Personally, I'd just kill the 6.5 branch. If something is too major to
> go into 6.4.x, it should be reserved for 7.0.

I don't think so, just check which people are touching trunk and
devbr6 or relbr64. Closing development in 6.x will not bring anyone to
trunk. The real situation is that we have too few people actively
developing GRASS. That's real reason why we are so behind of basic
wishes we had for GRASS 7 - at least speaking about rasters, cleaning
up 3d raster lib, etc.

Martin