[GRASS-dev] where to store GRASS settings: GISRC and wx settings

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 31 03:16:27 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
>> Can we please make an effort to "finish" the 6.x branch. I'd really
>> like to see 7.0.0 released before the heat death of the universe.

Kind of yes but bugfix maintenance should (and will) continue.

> We should release GRASS 6.4.2 and end the version 6 series.

Ys, once the digitizer works. That's an essential tool, co-financed by the
municipality of Trento, and almost done.

> GRASS 7 is a really good piece of software. But if we do not finish 6, it will never see the light of day.

I think that a release of GRASS 7.0.0 has been delayed to the kind of
idea/promise
to change the raster format. If we explicitely kick that idea for 7,
then a future release might
be way closer.

Markus