[GRASS-dev] tickets to solve for GRASS 6.4.2 release

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:20:59 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/8/31 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
>> If raster importer and graphical modeler are removed, then it seems from other posts that all blocker items are resolved. We we want to consider keeping either of these, it sounds from the error report that the raster importer bug may be relatively easy to fix. The modeler is very cool but still in
>
> better fix then remove... Well, reported issue about modeler is wish, not bug.

Regarding the import/link dialogs, I had a look at GdalImportDialog in
gdialogs.py. Maybe the easiest would be to replace the format selector
with a simple text field where the user can enter a file extension
which will then be used to filter files, plus a button to apply the
filter.

Otherwise the import dialog must come up with a list of all possible
file name extensions associated to a GDAL/OGR format. Bearing in mind
that e.g. Linux does not need any file name extensions and extensions
can be completely arbitrary, the import dialog can not possibly be
clever enough to cater for all possibilities.

Just a suggestion,

Markus M