[GRASS-dev] wxGUI: new packages layout

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:18:25 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/11/24 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
> Please feel free to comment the new layout. It took almost one day to
> reorganize classes to the new modules/packages. I am expecting some
> bugs (mainly wrongly imported modules), I hope that code will be
> stabilized within few days. Please note, that `make distclean` is
> required.

I hope that the most of bugs related to wxGUI code reorganization
should be already fixed. Anyway any testing is highly welcomed, most
of bugs are very easy to fix, they just need to be discovered;-)

Currently we are in the complicated situation, GUI modules are
different in trunk and devbr6/relbr64. It causes that any backport
trunk -> devbr6/relbr64 is very time consuming task, in other words,
`svn merge` will not work. We hope that 6.4.2 will be released before
Christmas, so I would expect 6.4.3 to be out in May/July. GRASS 7
development goes slowly, personally I would be not surprised to see
6.4.4 released in the end of year 2012. From this perspective it's
unrealistic to keep two completely different wxGUI code bases. I think
that this period is perfect for GUI modules reorganization also in
devbr6/relbr64. I would suggest the roadmap below:

1) within next days reorganize wxGUI modules in devbr6 based on the
layout from trunk
2) stabilize wxGUI in devb6 within one-two weeks
3) *after* releasing 6.4.2 backport new layout also to relbr64

The result will be the same GUI package layout in all active branches,
this condition is very important for wxGUI backports for 6.4.3
release.

What do you think? Martin