[GRASS-dev] v.out.ogr exports more features than available

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:21:22 EST 2011

Working with today's trunk I spotted an oddity - I can export to
shapefile not existing points.
Work flow: v.in.ogr shapefile with 11183 points; run v.clean with
rmdupl tool and reduce feature count to 10954; v.out.ogr exports to
shapefile 11183 features. WTF?!?

The best one is the output of v.out.ogr:
v.out.ogr -e input=clean_points2 at geod_points type=point layer=1
dsn=/home/maris/clean_points2.shp format=ESRI_Shapefile
Exporting 10954 features...
v.out.ogr izpildīts. 11183 features written to <clean_points2> (ESRI_Shapefile).

And here is metadata output for imported and for cleaned vector
datasets (only Number of points differ):
Dirty: Number of points:       11183
Clean2: Number of points:       10954

Running v.build doesn't change anything.

Ideas?
Maris.