[GRASS-dev] GRASS extensions/addons mismatch

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Dec 15 17:34:51 EST 2011

In preliminary tests (GRASS 6.4 svn release branch), this seems to work very well--and in fact considerably better than it does with GRASS 7/trunk at the moment. One of the extensions I test with consistently gives an install target not found error in trunk, but installs fine with 6.4 release branch.

BUT...

There remains some kind of weird problem with setting GRASS_ADDON_PATH.

By default, GRASS_ADDON_PATH is set to the desktop, followed by the various /Library and ~/Library paths. I can change it in the GRASS terminal and I can change it in the GUI, but if I use $GRASS_ADDON_PATH in g.extension, it STILL puts stuff into desktop (as the first path in $GRASS_ADDON_PATH). Moreover, I the changes made in GRASS_ADDON_PATH in the terminal do not show up when I display settings from the GUI and the changes made in GRASS_ADDON_PATH with the GUI do not show up in the terminal--and neither are registered by g.extension.

If I hard code the directory to which I want to install with g.extension, it puts stuff there. But the GRASS_ADDON_PATH is borked up on the Mac.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)