[GRASS-dev] GRASS && OpenCV

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 20:21:46 EST 2011

Mohammed Rashad wrote:
> I just started my work but stuck in the intial statement
> G__gisinit(char*....)

how does the Makefile look?

are $(GISLIB) and $(GISDEP) present? i.e. does you module's Makefile closely
resemble other similar modules?

if building from outside of the main source tree, do you have MODULE_TOPDIR
pointed to where the source tree is?

maybe add the grass lib dir to your /etc/ld.so.conf file, then as root run
ldconfig. then the grass libs will be in the library search path.
but be careful with that if you have multiple grass versions installed,
if so you might want to export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH= environment variable
at run time to add the lib dir into the library search path temporarily.

Hamish