[GRASS-dev] NVIZ Error: Error of failed request: BadWindow

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 02:46:52 EST 2011

2011/3/18, peter.loewe wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am building GRASS6.4 from source on a computation cluster. GRASS
> > itself is up and running, but NVIZ causes trouble:
> >
> > When invoking NVIZ from the GRASS command line (nviz -q), the NVIZ
> > command window pops up and throws this error message:
> >
> > Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> >   Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
> >   Resource id in failed request:  0xffffffff
> >   Serial number of failed request:  237
> >   Current serial number in output stream:  238
> >
> > Any help/comment/advice would be much appreciated.

today I get the same error, Debian/stable (squeeze) on amd64, tunneled
X over ssh, both 'ssh -X' and 'ssh -Y' fail. I thought I'd add another
data point for the ML archives.

(this is nothing to do with the just reported --ui bug btw)

Maris:
> glxgears working fine?

nope. glxinfo fails too.

> OpenGL system vs NVIZ/OGSF compiled in OpenGL system?

the same setup was working fine for me until now, not sure what changed.

> export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 && nviz ?

yes, that fixes it, (glxgears too)

thanks,
Hamish