[GRASS-dev] Re: path name containing spaces - error on windows 7

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Dec 22 16:19:05 EST 2011

>I'm reporting an error on behalf of a student. She tried to install Wingrass
6.4RC2 on her Windoze 7 machine >and got the following error[1]

the error: "Path names containing spaces are not supported -- aborting."

seems to be from here

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/mswindows/osgeo4w/msys.bat#L50

50	rem if installed in a directory containing spaces prepare for a world of
pain
51	for /F %%i IN ('echo %WD%') DO @set PART1=%%i
52	if NOT "%PART1%" == "%WD%" (
53	   echo Path names containing spaces are not supported -- aborting.
54	   pause
55	   exit 1
56	)

i.e. here on my box wingrass living in C:\Program Files\GRASS 6.4.SVN and
starting without any problems

?

Helmut