[GRASS-dev] projection of vectors accros wrapping map boundaries

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 29 11:52:16 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With yesterday svn trunk version.

> are cut in two, with warnings like:
>
> WARNING: Number of centroids exceeds number of areas: 900 > 847
> WARNING: Number of incorrect boundaries: 507
> WARNING: Number of centroids outside area: 53
> grass 6.4 behaves much better (although I also remember seeing an issue
> with wrapping of vectors, this looked like a subtle issue).
>
> Should I open a ticket with a reproducer?

Yes, for both 6.4 and 7 cases would be ideal. That increases tremendously
the motivation to try and fix it :)

Concerning bug or a feature: my position is: if the user does not understand
what's going on it is a bug (which could be just bad communication about
the feature...). So let's catch and improve such cases.

Markus