[GRASS-dev] some grassmods po strings not translated at runtime

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Fri Feb 11 12:41:18 EST 2011

Hi,

d.mon strings from grassmods po files are not localised on runtime in my
instalation. E.g. in grassmods_pl.po there is:

#: ../display/d.mon/pgms/stop.c:70
#, c-format
msgid "Monitor '%s' terminated"
msgstr "Monitor '%s' został zamknięty"

and the translated string looks OK in pl/LC_MESSAGES/grassmods.mo, but
on runtime I get the original English "Monitor 'x0' terminated" string
instead of the translation, when I run "d.mon stop=x0", in pl_PL.UTF-8
locale.

For a test I have replaced pl/LC_MESSAGES/grassmods.mo with it's de
counterpart, but again I get the English message instead of German
"Grafikfenster <x0> beendet.".

What could be the cause? I haven't noticed other grassmods strings
missbehave this way, only d.mon so far.

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka