[GRASS-dev] Frequency filters

Ernst Jaarsma ernstjaarsma at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 08:05:27 EST 2011

Dear all,
First of all, thank you for this great software, using GRASS is a real pleasure!
I'm new to this mailing list, so forgive me if I'm asking this question in the wrong audience. I subscribed because of the following: I recently needed a frequency filter for Aster-gdem-data. I am aware that it is possible to smooth the data by averaging, but a frequency filter would be more accurate and would give more options.
So my questions are: * Has this been considered? * Would it be possible (regarding calculation time / memory resources)?* If not considered, and possible; Is it good idea for other people as well?
I would be able to write the software but because programming is not my profession, it would take a lot of time.Kind regards,Ernst Jaarsma