[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r44977 - in grass/trunk: gui/wxpython/xml imagery imagery/i.evapo.PT

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 08:24:09 EST 2011

Good point, stll other software projects manage it somehow.
* Stricter rules for API changes
* API version checks
* API Changelog with HowTo migrate hints.

Nothing impossible, just a bit of rules and enforcing. R manages
somehow to have gazzillion of addons with easy install - can we borrow
ideas there?

Still - is it worth to NOT have lots of modules in core? Confusion
could be reduced by toolbox-like naming, better GUI menus and search
etc.

Just keeping mind open for other options,
Maris.