[GRASS-dev] Two new strange behaviours in GRASS 6.4.1SVN

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 07:24:21 EST 2011

Dear list,

I noticed two strange new things in 6.4.1svn that may
both be related to the recent GUI changes.

1. I configured and compiled GRASS explicitely without
Tcl/Tk and without Python support. The configure script
correctly reported a "No" for both options.
Yet if I just run e.g. "r.out.gdal" (i.e. with no options
or flags), I get:

python: can't open file '/usr/local/grass-6.4.1svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/menuform.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Whereas I would expect the synopsis to be displayed in
a CLI-only environment. And I really didn't want GRASS
to interact with my system's Python at all.

2. The --help flag is only interpreted correctly depending
on its position on the CLI. This:

  r.out.gdal --help input=aspect output=aspect.tiff

correctly displays the module synopsis, but this:

  r.out.gdal input=aspect output=aspect.tiff --help

gives:

  Sorry, <-> is not a valid flag
  Sorry, <h> is not a valid flag
  Sorry, <e> is not a valid flag
  Sorry, <p> is not a valid flag

which is unfortunated, because I often type a CLI up
to the point I can remember it and then add --help to
get a reminder of the rest.

Cheers,

Ben

------