[GRASS-dev] [osgeo4w-dev] GDAL 1.8 - Switch Thrown - building wingrass in the osgeo4w-stack

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Jan 29 19:25:00 EST 2011

from the osgeo4w-ml:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/osgeo4w-dev/2011-January/001193.html

"On Sat, 29. Jan 2011 at 23:15:35 +0100, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
> if I look, after upgrading osgeo4w, in gdal-config
> (in C:\OSGeo4W\bin), I have

gdal-config isn't part of GDAL - Well, at least not of the MSVC build.  It's
output isn't useful for that compiler.

The OSGeo4W version comes from the mingw-libs package.  That package is just an
ugly hack to get GRASS build with the packages provided by OSGeo4W.   Mainly
copies of the original a couple of libraries copies (foo.lib => libfoo.a) and
gdal-config.  I just made the package obsolete - it's files should disappear
with next update.

I propose the patch at [1] to build GRASS with OSGeo4W - this moves all the
hacks to the GRASS source tree.

This is the way I'm going to build GRASS 6.4.1 for OSGeo4W, unless you would
like to take over the GRASS packaging in OSGeo4W.  I see that you are very
active building GRASS depending on OSGeo4W packages.  Why not provide the
OSGeo4W GRASS package too?

Jürgen

[1] [http://buten.norbit.de/~jef/osgeo4w-grass64.diff]

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20
Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden               [http://www.norbit.de]"

Helmut
Jetzt informieren: http://produkte.web.de/go/webdefreephone