[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] r.shaded.relief-spgrass6 problems

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 17:36:01 EST 2011

Markus Neteler wrote:
> A bug due to improper variable quoting in the
> r.shaded.relief and all other scripts.

oh, I should note that I also haven't backported yet the extra
quoting for m.proj's cs2cs +proj4 options when the NTv2 grid
file's path contains a space. simply due to "complicated work-
around needs testing" reasons.

for r.in.gdalwarp there is no solution until the gdalwarp internal
command line parser is upgraded to allow some sort of character
quoting or similar as entire set of +proj4 terms is passed as a
single argv[] string. well, besides using the warping C API
directly instead of gdalwarp from the command line. Hopefully the
new python WMS replacement for r.in.wms shell scripts make this
less critical, and one day the bug gets fixed in gdal (I can't
recall if it ever made it to a bug report after the discussion
with Frank last year on the proj4 mailing list).

Hamish