[GRASS-dev] r.water.outlet for lat/lon

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Jul 2 17:19:05 EDT 2011

Hi

>Just had a long chat with myself on grass-user in which I eventually figured
>out that r.water.outlet would need an extra line added to work with lat/lon
>grids that involved the 180 meridian wraparound. The modification to main.c
>is (with surrounding lines for context) is:
>
>G_usage();
>exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
>    }
>
>  E = G_adjust_east_longitude(E,window.west); // <-- NEW LINE; for using
>lat/lon data that straddle the 180 meridian
>
>    if (E < window.west || E > window.east || N < window.south ||
>N > window.north) {
>
>Along with this, should the HTML help be updated to not just say
>"northing/easting" for pour point locations, but also say "lat/lon"?

it would be fine if you could open a ticket in trac for this issue
(http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki#BugTracking ,
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report) and, if possible, add a patch
there (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToSVN#LocalDiffs), so all your
work isn't getting lost in the mailing list.

best regards
Helmut

Schon gehört? WEB.DE hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://produkte.web.de/go/toolbar