[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS Test suite

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 4 04:56:56 EDT 2011

Hi Anne,

2011/7/4 Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com>:
> Le dimanche 03 juillet 2011 à 15:53 -0700, Hamish a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> can we move the test files into $MODULE/testsuite/ or similar?
>>
>> I'm just looking at grass7/raster/r.colors/ and the test files
>> really dominate the module dir.
>
> +1 from me on having a testsuite/ or tests/ subdir for each module.
>
> I'm starting to implement the test framework, it will be in
> trunk/testsuite. Hints on how to modify the Makefile are welcome!

Thank you for starting the implementation. If you have any tiny
question, don't bother to ask. I hope the whole test suite picture
comes much clearer when some basic framework is available to play
around a with.

Important: in case the test script approach which i have used for the
test cases in the g3d modules is not sufficient, i will modify them to
fit the new guidelines and insights.

Best regards
Soeren