[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS Test suite

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 06:31:17 EDT 2011

Le lundi 04 juillet 2011 à 10:52 +0200, Soeren Gebbert a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> 2011/7/4 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,

> >> +1 from me on having a testsuite/ or tests/ subdir for each module.
> >
> > also +1 from me.
>
> The directory layout has been discussed here:
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Test-suite-for-GRASS-proposal-discussion-welcome-td6391218.html
>
> I would suggest to either use reference_data/ subdir for each module,
> so that the test scripts may stay in the module directory, not in a
> subdirectory, or a testsuite/ subdir including all data?
>
> I personally prefer a reference data subdir, to have a clear
> separation of test case scripts and reference data. Otherwise the
> reference data will dominate again and finding the test scripts is not
> that obvious.

In the case of r.colors, there are a lot of .ref files and one .sh
script, that is hidden among them when the folders contents are ordered
alphabetically. I haven't checked if it will be the case of other
modules.

Personally I prefer to keep all test data and scripts together in the
tests/ subfolder.
But if the majority find it uncomfortable as the script file is less
accessible, let's keep it in module folder and put data in the subfolder
(after correcting the paths in script file).
Opinions?

regards
Anne