Re: [GRASS-dev] wxNviz volumes

Anna Kratochvílová KratochAnna at seznam.cz
Thu Jul 7 12:21:15 EDT 2011

Hello,

> There are still a few issues
>
> - levels for isosurfaces need to be floating point - now,  if I set it to 0.5 I
> get 0

I changed spinctrl to floatspin, it's not available in older versions of wx (not sure about Mac),
so try it. If floatspin is not available, spinctrl is used

> - redraw is not working automatically - I need to change view to get redraw
> (similar to what we had for 2D raster surfaces)

It works for me. When exactly does this happen? It sometimes takes a few seconds
to draw the isosurfaces.

> - I think the emission parameter can be removed

Done.

> When working with two volumes (I will include several volumes in the test data
> set
> for you to try this out):
>
> - when second volume is added the list of isosurfaces needs to be cleared,
> it becomes all mixed up - I can get several levels with the same value and
> it is not clear to which volume which applies

It should work now.

> - isosurfaces for second volume stay black even after I changed color to
> constant red
> (it looks like they don't get any light)

I cannot confirm it. Although one side of isosurface is quite dark, the other is
illuminated. I added the "toggle normal direction" feature, try if this helps.

> - after switching off the second volume in map layers it disapears but when I
> switch it back on
> and define isosurface for it, the isosurfaces  do not come back.

Hopefully fixed.

> - volumes need position control similar to the surfaces -  e.g. I have
> isosurfaces from two volumes
> and I need to view them both overlayed and separated (e.g. above each other -
> to see the spatial relationship

I added this functionality. It is the same as for surfaces.

I will try volumes on Vasek's computer which had some similar problems
as yours (although it's not Mac), so maybe I will find out the problems you mentioned.

Anna