[GRASS-dev] strange mapcalc result

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 16:00:59 EDT 2011

Michael:
in general it's a bad idea to read and write to the same map in a single step from any module.
doing this task with r.null may be easier.
I'm not sure if you complied with pthreads, but if so that may change
read/write behavior vs. grass6 ?

Helena:
that r.mapcalc is now a normal module using G_parser() and so requires
special care with '=' (as described by Markus) should definitely be
mentioned in any changes from grass6 list. fwiw over the last year I've
slowly been going around updating all grass6 scripts and help examples
I've come across to add the spaces to make them forward compatible.

pthreads doesn't parse, it breaks up the processing into multiple threads
internally for a performance gain.

Hamish