[GRASS-dev] Parser problem in GRASS 7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 18 05:46:43 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> by chance I came across a strange problem:
>>
>> # wrong param name "inbut":
>> GRASS 7.0.svn (spearfish60):~ > r.colors inbut=diff col=differences
>> Aborted
>>
>> Any wrong name currently leads to "Abort" rather than the expected error
>> message from the parser. They are generated, then get lost.
>>
>> Here the backtrace:
>
> Try r47136.

Much better, thanks. Just a minor observation:

GRASS 7.0.svn (spearfish60):~ > r.colors inbut=diff col=differences
  raster   Raster map from which to copy color table
  volume   Raster3d map from which to copy color table
   rules   Path to rules file
            "-" to read rules from stdin

ERROR:
ERROR: Required parameter <map> not set:
        (Name of raster map)

-> there is a first empty, ERROR, maybe an initialization issue?

Markus