[GRASS-dev] GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE in GRASS7

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 08:15:12 EDT 2011

Glynn wrote:
> For anything which is part of GRASS, it's our choice as to
> whether to use environment variables or $GISRC variables.

still, for running the PNG and PS drivers from the command line
or scripts, I'd rather not have to create a dummy GISRC file
each time, as it would be a lot more work.

which variables exactly would be better controlled by modules
directly?  (eg FONT needs to be unique per-module not per-monitor,
but GRASS_WIDTH,HEIGHT are unique per-monitor)

Hamish