[GRASS-dev] check out GIS on iOS

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Jul 21 13:14:39 EDT 2011

On Jul 21, 2011, at 2:01 AM, Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:

ESRI also has some iOS GIS apps out, also free. But these seem closely tied to ESRI geodatabases and ESRI server online data.
You also have GisRoam that only works with epsg4326 but it's pretty cool, I like that you can browse your maps where offline. They have also a paid server to upload your stuff.

Yes. I've looked at GISRoam too. But it is so limited right now, it is not very useful. iGIS also lets you use it as a GIS offline. I'm not sure about the ESRI app.

Michael

C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)